Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Stephen Gaynor School is dedicated to promoting and advocating for diversity, equity, and inclusion within our school community. We celebrate many types of diversity including neurodiversity, ethnicity, race, socioeconomic status, ability, religion, sexual orientation, family composition, language, and gender identity/expression.
Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Stella Heyliger-Mulatu serves as the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Her responsibility is to support an environment in which all members of the Gaynor community feel seen, heard, and valued, in order to create a deep sense of belonging.
We are committed to ensuring that diversity, equity, and inclusion becomes the thread through which we fulfill our mission.
- Parents Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee
This committee is under the auspices of the Parents’ Association, and is dedicated to promoting and advocating for increased diversity and sensitivity to differences among Gaynor school families.
- Employee Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee
This committee is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment that supports and celebrates each individual in our school community, while ensuring that the values of inclusion and diversity are infused in all aspects of the school for students of all ages.
In our most recent strategic plan, we have set specific goals to:
- Create and maintain a community of belonging in which everyone’s identity is valued, respected and heard, through support of consistent DEI standards.
- Examine opportunities to expand access, equity and a sense of belonging in all areas of a family’s experience at Gaynor.
- Ensure that we use a DEI lens across all academic and co-curricular areas.
Stephen Gaynor School is a member of the Independent School Diversity Network.