Philanthropy at Gaynor
The tradition of philanthropy began when the school was founded and continues today with support from our generous community: parents, alumni, parents of alumni, grandparents, faculty, specialists, staff, foundations, and friends of the school. Your commitment is a testament to the true difference a Gaynor education can make by providing an individualized curriculum to each student.
Support is critical to our operation and growth and falls into these categories:
- Annual Fund – The Annual Fund is the philanthropic priority of Gaynor, as it helps to sustain our general operations as well as support faculty and specialist salaries and benefits. Annual Fund support is put to use immediately during the school year and covers every aspect of each student’s education.
- Compassion in Action – Launched in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Compassion In Action Fund will be used to support financial aid, any unplanned expenses that might arise for the school, and to help our families, faculty and staff, if they find themselves in sudden need.
- Endowment – Unlike Annual Fund gifts that support operating expenses in a specific year’s budget only, gifts to the endowment will help Stephen Gaynor School for many years. The endowment generates a perpetual stream of revenue that builds Gaynor’s long-term financial security and helps to provide for current and future students.
- Capital Campaigns – Capital gifts are used to add to or improve the school’s facilities or secure its financial future. Capital campaigns are run simultaneously with other campaigns during the year.
- Gala – Past Gaynor Galas have celebrated our outstanding school community and raised money to support special initiatives at the school. The next Gala will be held in March 2022.
Thank you for supporting Gaynor!
Stephen Gaynor School is a designated 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Your contribution is deductible in accordance with current IRS regulations.