Our faculty and staff provide a journey of learning and development for our students. Our teachers and specialists identify and create individualized learning programs for our students with language-based learning differences.
They are dedicated to our mission and deliver with fervor the Stephen Gaynor School Difference: Unlocking Each Student’s Potential. We value our fun and collaborative learning environment, where our employees are encouraged to bring their own story. The joy of learning is fostered among our students and faculty.
A pioneer in special education, Stephen Gaynor School is an independent Pre-K, Lower, and Middle School for bright students with learning differences. Founded in 1962, Stephen Gaynor School provides a highly individualized educational program in a rich, rigorous, and nurturing environment in which students gain the skills and confidence necessary to learn, grow, and reach their full potential. Stephen Gaynor School recognizes our responsibility to create a diverse and inclusive environment that supports and celebrates each individual in our school community.
Diversity Mission: Stephen Gaynor School recognizes our responsibility to create a diverse and inclusive environment that supports and celebrates each individual in our school community.
Stephen Gaynor School is dedicated to promoting and advocating for diversity, equity, and inclusion within our school community. We recognize, value, and celebrate many types of diversity including neurodiversity, ethnicity, race, socioeconomic status, ability, religion, sexual orientation, family composition, language, and gender identity/expression.
- The Gaynor difference starts with setting a foundation of development that will ensure our teachers’ success in the classroom. Our classroom instructors are dynamic, creative, and adjust with ease to create individualized and innovative learning for each student.
- We contribute to the foundational success of our faculty, who have the unique opportunity to continue learning while at Gaynor. Staff development is provided on-site through speaking engagements with guest expert educators or attending enriching workshops.
- Other Professional Development:
- SUMMER TEACHER TRAINING INSTITUTE attended by all faculty; led by our in-house experts. This training reinforces the Stephen Gaynor School philosophy, culture, and approach.
- ORTON-GILLINGHAM TRAINING PROGRAM officially accredited by the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators. Gaynor is one of only two schools in the New York metropolitan area to be so certified.
- SENIOR EDUCATOR PROGRAM offers an opportunity for veteran teachers to receive training to help them continue at the highest level in their field and mentor new faculty members. We provide financial support for faculty seeking to complete a Master’s Degree.
We offer competitive benefits and compensation that set us apart from other independent schools in the area. Benefits: Medical, Dental & Vision, Voluntary Benefits, Life Insurance, 401K, Commuter Benefits.
Click here to see our open positions.